Sometimes ago, I bought herringbone drilled pearl. In case you don't know, this is pearls, usually freshwater, which are drilled with one hole on the top like usual, but one hole in the side. If they are stringed, they will looks like herringbone or in my opinion, leaves in a branch.
Maybe because of the difficulty in drilling them, because I imagined it will be harder to make sure the holes meet inside and so on, so far those herringbone pearls that I found are more expensive than the usual pearls with the same level of grade and shape.
Also, those that I saw usually more on the rice shaped, or flat sided rice shaped - this is sometimes a generous approximation, because often they looks just irregular for me.
Mine, besides being rice shaped, also have natural groves on it and either C or D grade. Actually, I am leaning to D.
When I look at them individually, to be honest, they are not special pearls or anything. I got many better pearls. But since what interest me on them from the start is the shape of the drilled holes, I started to make them into a bracelet anyway.
I estimated I will need around 32 of them for a bracelets. This is actually more pearls than if I made the usual pearls bracelet. I didn't realized that the angle of the pearls mean I need even more pearls. Luckily, I have bought more than what I first thought I would need.
Halfway on making them, I found out that although individually they are nothing special, strung together, they are beautiful =)
They didn't miraculously changed into A grade, round pearl with no surface groves. But put together, they gave a nice lustre and the groves are less than visible. Or maybe that's because the first thing that caught my eyes is the fact that this bracelet has a totally different, dare I say unique, shaped than my other pearls bracelets.
It also look thicker, therefore, expensive =)
All in all, I am more than satisfied. I even started to hunt for more herringbone drilled pearls. I want a matching necklace =p


No comments:
Post a Comment