Should have written this in Multiply, but since there is no more blog there..
I have decided to take off some of my items from Whimsical Baubles. They are not sold out, but I think I will move them out into my new shop in Multiply, Diana's Craft Corner.
When first I opened Whimsical Baubles (yes I know I just opened it in September 2012, but actually the planning of the shop has started on July 2012. I just needed to wait for my material to come first since I bought the bulk of them in USA...), I just thought of custom made jewelry.
I love accessories, and tend to make sure that my jewelry, my bag (and even my second, smaller bag for carrying water bottle and umbrella), my hair accessories, my clothes and my shoes are all compliment each other, or at least not clashing with each other. In other hand, I had awful allergic to practically everything (metal, lots of cosmetics and perfume, dust, pollution, seafood, and many more). The only metalsI can safely wear are gold, platinum and to some degree, silver. No need to say, they are awfully expensive, and when I can afford one, it is often not on the type or style that I like.
So, I started buying pearl and semi precious gemstone to make jewelry for myself. Now, I am not saying my jewelry is totally allergy free, since I am still not using silver, gold or platinum for the clasp and crimp beads. But the idea is that first, I don't wear them all day long, every single day. I match them with my clothes and my mood, so it's like now and then. Second, I can made that the only metal part of the jewelry is the crimp beads and the clasp. The less metal, the less allergy reaction. After all, I can safely wear my watch. Also, silver plating maybe can help some. The rest of the jewelry will be made of silk or nylon plated wire, gemstones and pearl and glass. Last but not least, it will be on the style that I like.
Then I started to think about making some of them for selling and that's Whimsical Baubles.
But like the rest of the blog can tell you, I do love craft. I made doll from felt clothes and wool roving. I put my photos into digital and paper scrapbook. I used to make hair accessories for myself and I found my fingers itch when I saw ribbons. You get the draft.
At first I put some of them in Whimsical Baubles. After all, it's Baubles and not Jewelry. But lately, I found that I had made quite a number of item that's not at all jewelry. I found myself thinking that Whimsical Baubles was supposed to sell handmade jewelry, not all handmade craft that I made.
So, I made Diana's Craft Corner. I took the velvet bookmarks and hair ribbon from Whimsical and will move them to Craft Corner tomorrow. Additionally, I will ad new hair ribbons and clay charms and pendants there =)
If you have time, I hope you will came and visit either store, even if just to browse around =)
No comments:
Post a Comment