Saturday, January 5, 2013

Found scrapbook supplies store in Jakarta =)

I found scrapbooking supply in Jakarta!

Okay, maybe I was way too late, maybe the store has been there for a year or two, but I haven't been to Jakarta for a long, long time, except for Mangga Dua. Anyway, I found a scrapbook store in Grand Indonesia and Central Park's Gramedia also has quite a collection.

I saw Lost and Found, Teresa Collins, 7 Gypsies, Best Creation, Prima and many more. The collections in both place is quite a lot. They also have ink, gillter spray, template, puncher and so on. Price is from around the same, to about 100% above Singapore's. Singapore's price is from around 25% to 200% above US' price.

A store told me that paper's price is around 10,000 IDR to 26,000 IDR a piece. There is not yet price for every and any items - especially papers - written down, though. So, buyer has to ask the staff for price. That, or be quite sure that no matter what the price is, said buyer doesn't mind =p

Now, depend on how many things I want and what kind of thing I want, maybe I will still prefer importing from US, since the price's difference is quite significant it actually more than cover the shipping fee. Also, while the collections here and in Singapore is quite a lot, it's not as much as those in US' stores. But if what I need is just a paper or five, well, buying locally is a better choice.

Now, back to the collections I saw in Jakarta, there is a number of nice papers. In fact, I felt in love with Best Creation's. I am quite sad though, that they don't have one of my favorite brand, Coredinations. Well, maybe later.

Anyway, the biggest problem with buying in Jakarta that I saw is the transportation. If you went with private car, ignore this. There is no problem. But I went there using public transportation, which often awfully crowded. If I bought paper, I risked my paper got folded on the way. This will be more unlikely to happen if I bought 20 or more papers, because they are thicker together and therefore harder to be folded. But usually, I just bought 10 or below in one go...




No comments:

Post a Comment